Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How to Lure My New Tenant






                 

What a shy person my new tenant is!


Comes with the Dawn and leaves with the Dusk.

My eye walks on the lawn looking for a sign of him.

Sits in his favourite place,on top of a coconut.

Hops back and forth and chats while I carry my washing.

 It's his previledge, so I listen to him.



He likes me and the mynah who eats tit-bits in the garden.

I too like him though he is not one of my own.

He is a nature lover, conservationist and a vegetarian.

He is an ecentric too.

Shakes his back when he has something excited to say.



Spellbound by his presence, I tried all my tricks on him

to share my life with him forever,though it failed,

breaking my heart. I wonder whether you have any tips

to lure a flycatcher to my home.














10 comments:

  1. Terrible... shame on me. I cannot get clues about it.. Will follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously i think i didn't get the correct point of your poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang a TO LET sign on the cage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is it Henry... dear Henry dear Henry??

      Delete
    2. to korale mahaththaya and dhesha

      it's about a bird who used to come to my garden. (flycatcher) I wanted to offer food, but it was shy and and always kept a safe distance from me.

      Delete
    3. To Henry

      As a last resort I think.

      Delete
    4. I misunderstood it because of the first picture

      Delete
  4. wow.. this is amazing.. :D nice trap for all of us..
    for a moment I was shocked to read
    "Sits in his favourite place,on top of a coconut.
    Hops back and forth and chats while I carry my washing."
    and the part about shaking his back when he is excited.. heheh... I also fell for that..

    really wonderful mam..

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you are! I wanted to see who was caught up in my trap! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by.Make sure I see you.